DR180+sip exhaust

I have a Px 125disc with a DR 180 kit fitted + sip exhaust, I am using a standard carb. Does anyone know the correct jetting I should be using? and does the airscrew need to be adjusted? What should the oil mixture be? 2% or 3%? As it has heat seized twice now![:shock1:]

jesus im runnin a 119 main jet on my pinasco 177 with standard carb and simo pipe[[:O]] am i well out? hey ginger pubes did you get that off frankie?

Can i ask how you got on with this problem… I 'm suffering simmilar woes with a DR and Scorpian combo…

Hi matey, I run a dr180 with a 108 jet and it has heat seized on me once, I put the mixture up to 3% and its a lot better now.

I was going to use a SI 24/24G on the engine I just bought, Ive been told that should keep the heat down a bit, as the DR is renowned for heat seizing.
The engine is standard PX125 apart from the barrel (DR 180), and I was going to use a simonini as it came with it,
Any suggestions for jetting anyone?
I’ve been advised to run at 3%, should also help prevent seizure.

?[:shock2:]

Dr’s are prone to seizing at high speeds, usually 60mph+. Try a 108 main jet and work your way down with regular plug chops.

stubbsy thats not a T5 u have got its a P5

I think DR isn’t good racing kits In this winnter i planning put on my engine polini 177

Now I have in my engine PX 125 (lusso) - racing kit DR 177 with orginal crank, but i put carb from Px 200 (lusso) with main jet 114 (acceleration good - better with 116 but consumtion too much) and ingnition ~16 . Good acceleration and v-max ~110-115km/h i change primary gear (polinin 24/63) Exchaust Sito +
When I starded seson I have Siomnnini Racing but too noise for me [:(]
good luck

There is no way my DR will run with a 119. At the mo im using a 102, did try a higher jet but in the top rev range it just boged down. Im using the original exhaust the bike came with, a leo, maybe its real coked hence the smaller jet.

Take off the standard carb and replace it with a Mallossi 28ml carb, thats the advice my mate got from Taffspeed

?[:shock2:]

its currently running on a 110 main, it was bogging out on a 113 but I have been advised to go in-between a 111 or 112, any more thoughts?

Take off the standard carb and replace it with a Mallossi 28ml carb, thats the advice my mate got from Taffspeed

I just bought this up again as I still need some advice about jetting…
Anyone?[:rolleyes:]