DO I MODIFY CASING TRANSFER PORTS FOR A MALOSSI 210 KIT OR NOT BOTHER

Hi,

I have purchased a malossi 210 kit to fit on my P200e engine, i want to add a few modifications to get the best out of the kit, but have a budget.

I was planning to fit the T5 4th gear, uprate the clutch, change the crankshaft 57mm or 60mm.

I want to keep the standard si24/24 carb if possible if so what jet sizes would you recommend.

Would you modify and match the transfer ports or not bother for this stage of tune.

The scooter is fitted with a sip Road 2.

Kind Regards Darren

Hello,
yes, you should modify the transfer ports of your casing, if you do not so you give away a lot of capacity.

Keeping the 24/24 is a good idea but you should perform a classic re-jetting. Maybe you will find a main jet size between 128 and 136 would fit.
Also you should think of fitting the carb with a modified float chamber (bigger needle). Please also optimize your fuel feed... proper size of hose, drill your fuel hose banjo up to 5 mm diameter...

If you change the crankshaft, you should take one with a longer inlet time... well, longer rod is up to your taste, I would keep the 57 mm, it fits on this stage & with this exhaust.