Destricting a scorpion exhaust?

The following is listed about the Scorpion exhaust for a p2:
The Scorpion with E-Certificate is made of stainless steel. The exhaust is compatible with fat tires and the scooter´s original foot stand. E-Certificate conform performance and noise reduction are achieved through a reduction in the joint. Removal of the reduction produces a hefty rise in the performance in lower and middle rpm´s, as well as more speed. Of course, this extinguishes the E-certificate.
Can anyone confirm this and give me some info on how?
Cheers.[:drink:]

Mmm,the short front pipe that connects to the barrel is just a clear pipe!Could it be between the expansion chamber and the silencer?[?[]

I bought it new about 6 months ago!

Just to clarify,the short front pipe that joins the barrel to the main exhaust is clear,Maybe it is an old model before the e-certificate spec?[?[]

What speed you looking for 82 mph fast on vespa

look at the barrell side.

Sorry should have said i am talking about the l shape down pipe not the exhaust it is only on the l shape down pipe they put in the reduction washer

on the scorpion for a T5 it is on the end that goes on to the barrel dont know about p 200 should be the same i would have thought

did you buy it new or second hand? it may have been done already? you’d know it when you see it.

yeah,I would be happy if it went to 82 on the road(wind and hills etc)and not just on the dyno!

End can has scorpion,a part no and GB on it!!!OK, no joy there then,it looks like I need the JL for my setup if I can`t de-restrict this![:@]

If there is a washer there you would see it clearly if you can see right through both ends then its ok the pipe is not destricted

There is a washer welded in the the joint that restricts the flow of gas out hence quieting things down. I have heard (but not done personally) that you can use a dremel, or similar grinding tool, to grind the welds on the restrictor off and remove the offending item. It will be in the joining pipe between the engine and the expansion chamber, but I don’t know which end. It is easy enough to do.

Sorry should have said i am talking about the l shape down pipe not the exhaust it is only on the l shape down pipe they put in the reduction washer

Look on the end can of the pipe for the BS stamps, if you find none then you have a non CE one.