Cheap 'n' nasty

HELLO guys well it seems like all im coming on for latley is the easy stuff which i should know any way but here goes my T5 has had a pattern carb fitted an it seems to be running rich (to much 2- stroke) ive been using good quality castrol but would i be better of using cheap shite , just thinking it wont burn as rich as synthetic 2 stroke or am i just being silly its got my head busting cos its affecting my top speed :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

This is a factor which has always bothered me with the autolube system. Synthetic oils designed to be used at 2-3% where as mineral oils are designed to be used at 4-5%.but the autolube puts in the same amount of oil regardless of type,and is probably set up to take the cheapest nasty oil available. So it probably pays to use cheap nasty mineral oil or do away with the autolube system altogether. With tuned engines synthetic oil is a MUST so do away with the premix system.[:drink:] [:bounce:] [:roll:]

As I understand it Vespa specify synthetic and the ratio is 2% so if you use cheap mineral oil you are asking for trouble.

Andy

[:roll:] [:roll:] [:roll:]

You could always try mixing it in your tank and not use the autolube. Just guessing tho.:shoot1:[:dance3:]

I have a T5 with 18000miles on the clock on standard which until recently only ever used the autolube and any 2 stroke i could find available only noticing slightly any change in performance or noise and having no trouble at all until i had to change my carb. Only now having kitted it up have i resorted to using fully synthetic oil and just for good measure add another 1% to a full tank of juice with no side effects as yet(apart from my new carb being defective).