Changing rear tyre on PX with SIP Performance pipe fitted?

Hi,

I just installed a new left hand SIP Performance pipe on my PX200E.  It has the skinny carbon fibre kevlar muffler on the end, that allows the spare wheel to be fitted which is great.  Looks brilliant and sounds awesome [:D]

Only trouble is I am wondering if the rear tyre can be changed with the exhaust still fitted?  It took a lot of effort to get the exhaust bolted on and I don’t like the idea of having to remove it every time the rear tyre needs changing, especially by the roadside.  Can the carbon fibre muffler part be removed by itself or is this permanently attached? [*-)]

If anyone has one of these and could offer some advice it would be appreciated.

thanks,
Cam
Sydney, Australia

Description of pipe from web shop in case it is not clear which one I and talking about
SIP PX200/Rally200, stainless

steel, w/ CARBON muffler

Art.-no. 21002000

Thanks for the advice and I kind of thought that might be the case.  I have a feeling that with the PX I may be able to get the wheel off past the muffler anyway by angling it a bit.

Looking for an answer from SIP themselves or someone who has a PX200E hopefully they can advise if the muffler part is removable or if the rear tyre can be changed without removing it?

cheers,
Cam

Hi. We have the same exhaust system fitted also on my 200. Its a great looking exhaust and performs even better. Also, we have the same concern regarding changing the rear wheel. We really have to unbolt the system to gain access to the rear wheel. I know its a difficult process, specially on the roadside. What I did to make disassembly easy is simple, I replaced the 2 original bolts (14mm) with a smaller diameter (10mm) bolt and nut system incorporating still the original teflon bushings and passing through the original 14mm hole on the bracket.

hi! after a many tyre change on the side of the road! I would take the exhaust off! the trouble you will have to twist the tyre, on the center stand, probably cold and wet! balancing the scoot, not worth it,all you need ,is too undo two bolts(same spanner as wheel nuts!), slip it around, and then the wheel will be easy to get at!

its all the fun of riding a tunened scoot!

Hi,

Thanks for the confirmation on that one!  I am going on a 1000km round trip at the end of this month and hopefully won’t have to do it, but better to be informed and prepared.  I love the exhaust and it is worth a little extra time changing a tyre! [:)]

thanks,
Cam