BROKEN CLUCTH

ANY ONE THINKING OF REPLACING A CLUCTH NUT/TABWASHER, MAKE SURE YOU DO IT UP CORRECT AND CHECK YOUR BEARINGS ASWELL BEFORE YOU PUT IT ALL BACK MY FLY WHEEL BEARINGS WERE LOOKING A BIT WORN ,BUT I PUT THEM BACK ANYWAY RESULT…COMPLETE NEW CLUCTH 2 X BEARINGS OIL SEALS GASKETS KEYWAY WOOD RUFF KEYS POST AND PACKAGEING AND LABAR + VAT, ENGINE STRIPED TO LOOK FOR MISSING WOOD RUFF KEY ASWELL AS GEARBOX STRIP . OR TO PUT IT IN SIMPLE TERMS
£291 IF YOU DONT KNOW GET A MECHANIC DO IT .
SAVE YOURSELF TIME AND MONEY (AND HASSLE FROM YOUR WIFE)

It is true that the new PX’s do not have a castle nut so do not need the tool to remove it. When doing up the nut on the clutch or the flywheel always use a torqe wrench, even a cheap £5 one will do the trick.

it was done by me and a mate and it was in the middle of the night in a bloody freezing cold shed we thought we had done it up tight but obviously not tight enough as it came off oh well you live and learn (a costley mistake)[:dance3:]

thanks lads for all the replys i been told about these new nuts some say good others say shite, i pefer something i can toruqe up myself, anyway the scooter will back home tuesday/wenesday just needs main oil seal putting in and shes a runner needless to say i wont be working on scooters late at night in the middle of winter anymore.just an after thought who else thinks the haynes manual is more confusing than helpfull i found the sip manuals much informative even with the language barrier all the best frenchy[:dance1:]

frenchy,i can see wot happened now,if it was one of these new nylon nuts! i didn’t realise they had changed from a castle nut n tab washer setup! my appologies! which loon at piaggio decided to change that design,it was vitually fool proof!
think i’ll crack my clutch housing open on my new p2 to check this one out!
cheers lads!
nelly.

bloody hell,did you annoy somebody or summit?did you not tighten your clutch nut properly or wot? i’m intrigued!
nelly.

Big G, what happened to your P2 MY clutch, my 1 month old P2 is heading into the dealers tomorrow for clutch probs i.e. grating sound when lever pulled and my mate has had his replaced already on his new P2 after 400kms. Coincidence or shit quality? Whatever it is it’s not a one off.
:shoot1:[:dance3:]

I had to replace the clutch in my new px200 MY ( don’task…) and it hasn’t even got a tab washer, just a big nut with a nylon insert…!!
Moral is don’t bother buying a tool to undo it if it’s not needed, just a tip.

Cheers G.[:bounce:]