Bore size problems

hi,
I’ve recently just picked up an ET3 for restoration, and on closer examination of the engine found out that the cylinder is in pretty bad nick. I was wandering if anyone could advise me on which would be best to do:

A re-bore with sleves installed to maintain the engine size at 125cc.

• Or -

A re-bore up to the next standard size, mabye even up to 200cc.

Also, does anyone know or if there is any actual difference between the Vespa models 125 ET3, and 125 ET3 Primavera? Looking on this web site (small-frames), it listed them as different models, and this has now left me very confused.

Thanking you,
Chris G?

Hi Chris,

Primavera pre mid 70’s model with points iginition, and ET3 electronic ignition.

A rebore on ET3 is probable recommended butr you will be limited by the cc, I think standard you can fit a 135cc max.

Cheers,

Nico

Hi mate
Ive just had my p.k.125 rebored,there are four piston oversizes available 55.2mm,55.4mm,55.6mm and 55.8mm i think it would probably be the same for a primavera,the other choice would be a complete malosi 135cc kit [excellent product so ive been told]
depends if you want to keep it standard or not
Adrian[:dance3:]

sorry, i meant PX, PK and PV

Chris G

Cheers guys, i think I’m gonna try the malossi kit. Any sugestions on what else might complement the kit?

And, tho it may sound daft, but i’ve seen vespa models listed as PX, PX, and PV. is PV just short for primavera?

Chris G

Hi mate
If youve got a sip catalogue it gives you a rough guide of which bits to use with each kit,im doing a similar conversion at the moment im using a malossi 135 kit,a 24mm carb kit,4 plate clutch kit{to take extra power} simonnini down and forward exhaust,gas flowed crank,but first im totally rebuilding the motor new seals uprated bearings etc,cant see the point bolting all the nice tuning stuff on a 20 year old motor thats had the tits screamed off it all its life(also getting the engine cases blasted and powder coated to keep it looking good)hope this is of help
Adrian[:dance3:]

sorry, i meant PX, PK and PV

Chris G