Best Exhaust to suit Polini 177

Hi All,

Anyone recommend the best exhaust to suit a PX125 with a Polini 177 kit but no matched cases, just bolt on. I have a Sito plus at the moment, can I improve upon this or do I just stick with it.

Regards,

Brian.

Curare,

I know you to be a man of considerable knowledge but would I not need a bigger carb than 20/20 to run either of these exhausts.

Cheers,

Brian.

…but if you have nothing against going for a 24, it is true that for the same budget of the PM or Evo you could get a 24 and a Simo.
And still some money left for some pizzas.

I would go for a 24 and Simo.
I didn’t tell you at the beginning because you were just asking about exhausts.

hello,

it is not that you need a bigger carb to run either of these two exhausts. I would say that with a bigger carb the superiority of these two more expensive exhausts would be more evident.

I personally would go for the SI 26, it’s the same money as the 24, with a Simonini for general purpose use (especially as you don’t have the cases matched to the kit). If you go for a 24 SI get a T5 one, they are different to the PX200 one and can improve fuel flow.

hello,

I would say that the choice between Simonini and SIP EVo it is only a question of money. If you can spend more get the EVO.
The Evo it is in all range better then the Simonini.
I would say to quote your reply, PM more town Evo more highway.
The Simonini is globally less then PM or Evo. But it is the best low cost choice.

Hi you would need a T5 filter as they are different, if you want a T5 carb. Personally I’d recommend the 26mm SI carb, which is a bored out PX200 carb, you can use your px filter, and save money. They are £45 plus £3.25 postage inc VAT from Beedspeed.com (dunno what they are any where else, but check VAT & postage if you buy from abroad). And a Simonini or Polini pipe ( if you have the budget get a PM or SIP, your choice). When you get the carb, match it to the airbox when you fit it (look on the board for instuctions in other threads) and set the timing to suit and away you go.

hello,

the best exhaust doesn’t exists.
There are just good exhausts that are good in different ways.
On the affordable side you can get a Simonini.
If you want and can spend more get a PM. It has a very good power range. Both will give you more or less the same max speed. But the PM will get there faster.
If for a reoson or another you like more top speed you can get a SIP EVO. It will be a little weaker on the low - mid rew then the PM, the engine will feel less full in this range but mid, mid high will be the same and from high rev will give you more then PM. In few word what it looses in the low- mid it gains in the mid - high, high.

hello,

your would not marry well with SIP exhaust, your tune is quite mild and doesn’t get the power at high rev and it is not case ported match either.

A better company would be a Simonini or if you can since it is more expensive a PM.

for carb follow adrian suggestions

Curare,

so for town driving the simonin and for motorway driving the evo.

Brian.

Curare / Adrian,

What do you think of SIP performance polished ( left Hand) with a px200 24/24 autolube. Would this give me the all round better power and more top end speed such as the EVO.

Has anyone else got a t5 carb on a px125, if I went for T5 carb instead of px200 is there extra hassle on setting this up and can I keep my existing filter on the 20/20 and fit to T5 24/24?

Thanks

Brian.

Thanks Guys