Best all round right hand pipe for Vespa px200?

After hearing Vespa Doctor rave about the Pitone I thought I’d try & get one from Rollerzentrale only to find that although they still list it on their site they haven’t had it in stock for 5 years.

I have a PX200E with a Pinasco kit & a Mazzocheli 60mm crank, I’ll be running a 26mil Delorto, I’ll be using mostly as a daily rider & occasionally touring on it, which right hand pipe that is still in production would be best?

hello,

if you want a stock production right hand pipe, I personally consider the RZ right hand to be the best.
But I loved it with the Malossi kit and Polini, not so with Pinasco and standard stroke but good with Pinasco and longstroke.

Second choice would be the Simonini, less of everything but also the price is lower.

The exhaust of all that I prefer with your kit spec. is the PM tuning.
It is left hand but you can use it with your spare tire.

With this expansions exhausts I will always use a short 4th or 4th will suffer.

[:roll:]

GIVE BEERACE AN EMAIL. HE MAY BE ABLE TO MAKE YOU ONE, HE GOT A PITONE FROM VESPADOCTOR TO COPY AND MAKE A BATCH, OR HE WILL DESIGN YOU A ONE-OFF TO WORK EXACTLY HOW YOU WANT (E.G. TO MATCH YOUR ENGINE SPECS AND RIDING STYLE ETC).

…I will add something more.

to put the RZ right hand on you need to change the rear shock bolt with a longer one.
Then sooner or later or maybe from the start you will have some problem with the rubber muffler support.
You could change it with a 3 - 3,5 cm long alu cylinder of about 1,5mm diameter where you can pass trough a screw - bolt of 5cm.
Or better let somebody do a weld job.

If all this sound too mutch, go for the PM tuning (but left hand), with this exhaust you will have a little less power in comparison with the RZ you will loose about 2hp between 7000 and 8000 - 8500 rpm but you will have a better power spread at low mid range.

But if your engine is mostly a daily rider and occasionally touring a SITO plus will be a good one.

None of the expansion exhausts will give you as much power as the Sito plus at low, low mid rpm, and global drivebility. I loved it with your set up (I say PM tuning as a the best global compromise daily - touring - and sporty)
But if you often stay beyond 5500 rpm then there is not comparison.

[:roll:]