Another mudguard question

New thread cos it’s a different query.

What does the ‚grounded‘ and ‚fillered‘ mean on the mudguard descriptions? Is this a lost in translation type thing?

Also can anyone tell me what material Art.-Nr. 75060000 (a t5 mudguard) is made of - is this steel or plastic?

Cheers

Jim

I was thinking grounded / primered… fillered though is a concern, they can’t mean…can they…?

The one quoted is less than £20 which seems cheap for a steel mudguard, much dearer in the uk, although the GFK and carbon ones (much dearer) are listed as such, it’s just that particular one that doesn’t actually say - whether this is because steel is ‚default‘ for want of a better word.

With stuff coming from germany though you really want to be sure, so you don’t have to mess about sending it back.

Really like the look of the carbon ones, I’m just not sure what it would look like on a Brit racing green PX…?

NOT 100% BUT I THINK THEY MEAN THEY ARE PRIMERED AND NOT BARE METAL. A STANDARD T5 MUDGUARD IS METAL, BUT SIP DO SELL GFK (FIBREGLASS) AND CARBON FIBRE ONES, THE CARBON ONES ARE NICE, THEY NEED POLISHING WHEN THEY ARRIVE BUT YOU WON’T NEED TO PAINT IT, I USED AUTOSOL AND T-CUT TO GET THE MANUFACTURE MARKS/SCRATCHES OUT.

MY LML IS KIND OF GREEN BUT WITH COPPER METAL FLAKES, BRONZE THEY CALL IT, IT CHANGES LIGHT WITH DIFFERENT LEVELS OF SUNLIGHT, BUT THE CARBON GUARD FITS IN WELL SO I RECKON IT WILL WORK WITH BRG, AT THE END OF THE DAY CARBON GOES WITH MOST COLOURS, COS IF YOU STUMP THE EXTRA FOR CARBON YOU WANT TO SHOW IT OFF. BY THE WAY, I HAVE A CARBON SIP SPORTSEAT AND A FIBREGLASS ONE AND THE CARBON ONE IS HEAVIER AS IT IS JUST A COUPLE OF LAYERS OF CARBON OVER A FIBRE ONE.