Another jetting q... p210

HI

Got a spaco 26mm today, and i cant get it running properly. even if it’s jetted quite rich it still feels lean of idle, and plug chops are way too withe.

malossi 210
worb5 head
transfers matched
inlet portet a little bit
stock crank
PK1800 g flywheel
RZ righthand

current jets:
slow. 50/100
210/BE3/130

it feels just fine when i’m runnig in the high rpm range, but has that airleak feeling on/off idle. like running out of gas when twisting the throttle, and idle no settelig propperly. there are no airleaks, the only thin i can think is wrong are that the threads for the mixture screw feels like they are not right. like i have to force it all the way in.

any ideas/jetting tips.

an one mor thing, i’m running without a air filter, because i havn’t the propper one at the moment, does this mean i can use the slow and air jete of my stock carb (the longer ones)

yeah, i messured the bore at the top of the carb to make sure the airfilter wouldn’t restrict it, and i got 25mil too. didn’t messure the bottom end tough. got mine from VE.

Original von leif: Hi all! Has your SPACO SI26/26 really 26 mm in bore? Got one last Dec. from TWE scooters, it is stamped 26, but the bore is only 25 mm![:dance1:]

LOL.

yeah, seems like a rip of. i¨ll be sending them a em mail one of the fay. i¨m looking forward to seee what the reply will be

Hi all!
Has your SPACO SI26/26 really 26 mm in bore? Got one last Dec. from TWE scooters, it is stamped 26, but the bore is only 25 mm![:dance1:]

Re: 25?26?
I wrote to TWE : "Every carburattor all over the world, is specified by the size of the bore, i.e. the big hole that is connected to the airfilter in one end, and, in this case the crankcase, in the other end. For example, the SI20.20 have a bore of 20 mm, and the SI 24.24 a bore of 24 mm.
With this practice, a carburattor that is specified by you as 26mm,should have a bore of 26 mm.

I measured the bore of the carburattor you sent me, with a vernier caliper, and the bore is 25 mm. Your supplier has either made this carburattor wrong, or fooled you 150 times this year. As the carburator is stamped " 26 " he is liabilied to fraud.

I have seen your ad in Scootering, Febr. 2004, but it is hard to see on that picture if the bore is 25 or 36 mm. But below the picture it states „SI26/26“ that indicates that it is a 26 mm bore.

[:@] [:@] [:dance1:]

my spec is more or less the same apart from a modded crank and cases by taffspeed.
jetting i’m running is as follows
standard air filter with a ram air filter fixed to the carb box instead of the air hose.(sorts out fuel problems caused by the new y2k seat)
26mm carb
no4 slide
120-122 main jet
be5 mixer tube
150 air jet
mixture screw 1 1/2 turns out
standard pilot jet

Hi first thing I would do is fit some kind of filter. The ram air is a good idea

I have the 26mm carb on my kitted t 5 it would not keep running when you tryed to rev it up had to drill the end of the idle jet got drill bit from chiselspeed.

If you run with no air filter it is normal that it feals lean in the low if the low are the corect size to be used with filter. Or mount a filter, or upjet.

I got a T5 airfilter for the garb today, an after 45minutes of playing with the mixture screw i got it working, a tiny bit of 4-stroking tough, about where i’m crusing at 60kmh in 4th . tried a 128 main, but i lost a little power on top revs. i’ll pop the 130 back in an se how it goes.

Hi Mr210

This is the complete mail-exchange with TWE.

Hi Kevin.
The carburator arrived today, but I am sorry to say that it is not what I ordered.
The carburator body is stamped 26, we have both refered to it as 26 mm,
but the actual bore is 25 mm.
This is not what I want.
Regards Leif

3 dec 2004
Hi Lief.
Im sorry you find a problem with the carburettor, but that is the carburettor that we advertise and it is the one the manufacturers advertise as a 26mm. We have sold and used on our customers scooters about 150 this year with no problems.
Could you please let me know what you was expecting as there is a picture in scootering mag.
Thanks Kevin

:,Hi Kevin.
Every carburattor all over the world, is specified by the size of the bore, i.e. the big hole that is connected to the airfilter in one end, and, in this case the crankcase, in the other end. For example, the SI20.20 have a bore of 20 mm, and the SI 24.24 a bore of 24 mm.
With this practice, a carburattor that is specified by you as 26mm,should have a bore of 26 mm.
I measured the bore of the carburattor you sent me, with a vernier caliper, and the bore is 25 mm. Your supplier has either made this carburattor wrong, or fooled you 150 times this year. As the carburator is stamped " 26 " he is liabilied to fraud.
I have seen your ad in Scootering, Febr. 2004, but it is hard to see on that picture if the bore is 25 or 36 mm. But below the picture it states „SI26/26“ that indicates that it is a 26 mm bore.
Regards Leif

4 dec 2004
Hi leif.
You seem to have a problem so please send the carb back and i will refund you .
Thanks kev

Hi kev,
Send it back, never! I am going to frame it, together with the reciepe, and place a brass sign below reading „Great Britain goes metric“!
cheers leif

thanks. i’ll try to get my hands on a filter to day.