210 kit

I am about to attempt to upgrade my PX200 with a Malossi 210 kit.I am going to try and do this myself.Is it possible to just port out the inlet manifold,replace the crank and bearings and bolt on the 210 kit and a pipe and away I go?Will the 210 run ok?or do I have to port out the crankcase casings?---Jock:

…but when you open the engine don’t forget to put a short 4th.
As far as expansion with this kind of set don’t put Taffspeed or Scorpion and even SIP, though all good exhausts.
Go for a JL right hand or JL 2000 if you like it on the left.
And as Juank said it would be slowish.
Malossi kit really likes and blossoms with reed and big carb. With lower tuning Polini would run better. Except you do highways…

I still say if your 210 slows down up hills or into a head wind youv’e got the wrong set up. Unless its a cut down you wont ever see 90 unless its got 25 bhp+ or its going down a huge hill with the wind behind it. 22/68 lets you cruise at 70 at about 7000 revs but with the power to do 80+. Nobody cruises to a rally at more than 70 either 210 or TS1 so why not gear the bike so it will always reach a high cruising speed whether two up into a headwind or up a hill. 22/65 is fine for round town and short high speed bursts but for rally going motorway miles at high speed I still say damage will be done. Mikes right about these only being small capacity machines but they are vespas and can be thrashed all day and still come back for more.-5 trips to holland and countless other english rallys have proved this to me.
Chega matching the transfers is a lot easier than porting the inlet and the bike will be strangled without doing this-also difficult to jet properly.
Curares dead right about the rh and lh rz exhausts unless you are gona reedvalve it.
Also beware about replacing the crank with a compition crank. Some of these are weak and have to much inlet timing. Best to let a shop modify yours.
If all this seems like a lot of hassle do your self a favour and swap the p2 lump for a T5 one,fit a malossi 172 kit and a taffy pipe and get the same speed you would have got from your 210!

These are obviously just my opinions

Yeah,you could do that.It’ll be slow though.

If you’re opening out the inlet you may aswell match up the transfers too.

Obviously you’ll need to jet and set the timing properlly too.

Mike,

You say:

[mark=red] have run 210 with standard carb and 125 main jet. 13mm cut from the crank inlet and Sito plus pipe. Thrashed it everywhere and it was perfect. Kept the oil injection too. I have also run fully tuned with big carb and reed valve, again ran perfectly and did over 90mph on the motorway (in good weather, obviously).[/mark]

What speed did you get with the sito plus setup and what is the diference in sound of engine comparing standard carb and big carb?

Thanks,

Brian.

yes, with this set up even with bthe use of a short 4th I would use 22/65.

Following on from Curare’s T5 4th point(sorry,I really should have mentioned that) do you know what clutch you’re running in it?If it’s a newer model it’ll probabley have the Cosa 23 tooth which can also be a little long.

If you have a bit of trouble with it you might want to come down a tooth or two with it later.

Chega,
If I can put my point in too…

I don’t really agree with the fitting of a T5 fourth gear, unless you intend to carry a passenger all the time.

I have run several 210 kits, all ports matched etc and always found the standard gears to be OK. You will always lose speed on hills anyway, it’s only a tiny single cylinder 2-stroke.

I have run 210 with standard carb and 125 main jet. 13mm cut from the crank inlet and Sito plus pipe. Thrashed it everywhere and it was perfect. Kept the oil injection too. I have also run fully tuned with big carb and reed valve, again ran perfectly and did over 90mph on the motorway (in good weather, obviously).

I suggest matching the transfers, modify the crank (or fit a racing crank if you must) and up-jet you standard carb. A Sito plus will work fine, but a decent power pipe will gibe better top speed, although you will not get as much tourque at lower revs. Most kits are designed for top end speed, so you will lose at the lower revs no matter what you do.

Mike[;)]