2 or 3 port PKXL cylinder

what is the difference and how do I notice?

No, if you have correct tools and enough time to do a good job…! You need a „Fräskopf“ which you use in connection with an electric machine which makes in rotate… I don´t know how to explain that in english, but I don´t mean a drill…
And: You have to disassemble your engine completely…

Manuel

Smallframes sind die geilsten Roller!

Original von Manuel: Of course! You have to differenciate between an open 3rd port and a 3rd port which is closed at the bottom of the cylinder. You can tune further when you open up a 3rd port in your crankcase, which fits exactly to the size of your cylinder-port...

Manuel

my vespa is an 1983 pk50xl… it problably has 2 ports then. is it difficult to make an extra port in the crankcase?

Original von Manuel: Never heard of that, sorry! Where in Holland are you from? In Germany it´s absolutely no problem to find such an engine...!

Manuel

im from the achterhoek, thats doetinchem, nearby emmerich.

Of course!
You have to differenciate between an open 3rd port and a 3rd port which is closed at the bottom of the cylinder. You can tune further when you open up a 3rd port in your crankcase, which fits exactly to the size of your cylinder-port…

Manuel

hmm, to change the krukas [:)] on a vario scooter it was a hell of a job… so maybe i should keep std. transmission, but top speed would be terribly low then, right?

Right, a maximum of 70kmph, and a cylinder 85cc and higher does not work quite good with std. transmission because it rotates and rotates (you know what i mean) but transmission is much to short! Quite bad for the condition of your cylinderkit.
Alternative for you: A used PK125XL engine. Mostly between 200 and 220 euros, Vmax 90-100kmph, BEST quality! And if you want more, here you can drop a Polini 133 for example right out of the box. 125cc std. engine includes 19/19 carb and 2.54 transmission, exhaust looks like original 50cc-exhaust.

Manuel

Original von Manuel: No, if you have correct tools and enough time to do a good job...! You need a "Fräskopf" which you use in connection with an electric machine which makes in rotate... I don´t know how to explain that in english, but I don´t mean a drill... And: You have to disassemble your engine completely...

Manuel

something like a dremel or so [:)]

is it difficult to seperate the crankshaft like with a variomatik scooter?

Never heard of that, sorry!
Where in Holland are you from?
In Germany it´s absolutely no problem to find such an engine…!

Manuel

Hi,

you can notice the 3-port cylinder by the third port :slight_smile: Which is situated towards the front of the engine…

Manuel

can I replace a 2 port cyl with a 3 port like a 75cc polini?

Yes, Dremel for example. Thats not perfect, but „for beginners“ and small modifications absolutely okay! What do you mean by „to separate“? To disassemble the engine? It´s not that different, but for the first time, I would do that together with a friend who has already some experience.
So or so, you have to disassemble your complete engine to change your transmission.

Manuel

Talk to [email protected] - he has several PK125 engines on sale… Believe me, it´s best choice in regarding price and reliability. Acceleration and „Drehmoment“ (Newton, know what I mean?) is much better than on every 100cc-engine i rode so far - really!
Time 2 sleep for me, know.
See you and stay tuned!

Manuel

Original von Manuel: Right, a maximum of 70kmph, and a cylinder 85cc and higher does not work quite good with std. transmission because it rotates and rotates (you know what i mean) but transmission is much to short! Quite bad for the condition of your cylinderkit. Alternative for you: A used PK125XL engine. Mostly between 200 and 220 euros, Vmax 90-100kmph, BEST quality! And if you want more, here you can drop a Polini 133 for example right out of the box. 125cc std. engine includes 19/19 carb and 2.54 transmission, exhaust looks like original 50cc-exhaust.

Manuel

hmm, dont think it would be easy to find such an engine [:)] im a doing a litte browsing, and i find polini 105cc 5port cylinders. These cylidners require the crankshaft to be adjusted?